The 253-2 from Liberty Pumps is an Automatic Sump/Effluent Pump w/ Wide Angle Float Switch, 25' cord, 1/3HP, 115V. Turn-on level of the switch is 11" and turn-off level is 4-1/2". This pump has two cords - one to the float switch and the other to the pump motor. The switch cord has a series (piggyback) plug enabling the pump (motor) cord to be plugged into the back of it (see attached files for details). The purpose of this design is to allow temporary manual operation of the pump if desired.
The Liberty Pumps 253-2 has 1-1/2" NPT discharge, 1/2" solids-handling, 18' shut-off head, a unique one-piece cast iron housing and thermally protected & permanently lubricated motor.
Use for De-watering, Sump and Effluent Applications.
For added protection, consider the addition of a back-up pump such as Liberty's SJ10 SumpJet, as well as an alarm such as Liberty's ALM-2 in applications where loss of pump function could result in property damage. If an alarm is used, it must be connected to a separate electrical circuit.
CAUTION: Do not let the pump run dry.
- Rugged 1/3 HP motor, oil filled with thermal overload protection;
- 1/2" solids handling;
- 1-1/2" discharge;
- Hermetically sealed motor and switch cavities, and permanently lubricated bearings;
- Liberty's UNI-BODY casting - a solid, onepiece housing that eliminates the lower motor seal ring found on other pumps;
- Epoxy powder coat finish;
- Vortex style impeller for superior solids-handling. Made of high temperature engineering polymer;
- Quick-disconnect 25' standard power cord allows replacement of cord in seconds without breaking seals to motor;
- Fasteners - all non-corrosive stainless steel;
- 416 stainless steel rotor shaft;
- Horsepower: 1/3 HP;
- Cord length: 25';
- Discharge: 1-1/2";
- Solids Handling: up to 1/2";
- Shut-off Head: 18';
- Voltage: 115V;
- Amps: 5.2;
- Hertz: 60 Hz;
- Phase: 1;
- Maximum fluid temperature: 140°F;
- Height: 10.5";
- Width: 9.6";
- Weight: 23 lbs.;
- Minimum pit/basin diameter: 14" in Sump and 18" in Effluent applications;
- Minimum pit/basin depth: 18" in Sump and 24" in Effluent applications;
- 3 years manufacturer's warranty
|Wide Angle Float Switch|
|Max Shut-Off Head|